Exotic Island Holidays
Dreaming of sunshine, pristine beaches and the gentle sounds of the ocean? Then look no further, our exotic escapes offer you the chance to relax and explore the local culture, history and wildlife on a selection of exquisite islands.
So which island is for you? These are our top 5 heavenly destinations to relax and explore:
Where to go?
- Crete for historical sites: The largest of the Mediterranean islands, Crete offers sandy beaches, stunning mountain ranges and fields of olive groves and wild flowers. The island also has a fascinating history; it was the birthplace of the first advanced society on European soil, the Minoans who ruled 4000 years ago. Explore ancient fossil sites, the famous palace of Knossos, chapels & monasteries.
- Sri Lanka for budding photographers: Sri Lanka’s iconic beaches, national parks & impressive UNESCO sites almost have to be seen to be believed, hence the island's huge appeal to travellers who tend to carry a good camera with them. When you’re ready to escape the tropical climate, head for the hills and explore the rainforests bursting with greenery and tea plantations!
- The Philippines for scuba diving: Composed of over 7000 islands, many of which remain undiscovered by tourism, the Philippines offer a wealth of breath-taking beaches, buzzing cities and emerald rice fields. The warm water and vast coral reefs make it a haven for snorkelers and scuba divers. Hop on a boat one day and explore the islands along sheer reef walls.
- Madagascar for canoeing and trekking: An island with an abundance of wildlife, spot the infamous lemurs, frogs, cats and chameleons lurking in the unspoilt rainforest. The dramatic canyons boast incredible routes for trekkers and superb canoeing conditions. After a day of exploring, relax in the natural pools, beaches and hammocks while watching the sunset.
- Borneo for nature lovers: Paradise in the form of exquisite beaches, tropical jungles, volcanoes and reserves bursting with wildlife. Borneo is home to the elephant, proboscis monkey and of course the orangutan! The multi-cultural population is reflected in the exciting cuisine, enjoy seafood at Chinese restaurants, Malaysian chicken satay and Indonesian spicy sambal at the food markets!
When to go?
No-one wants to be sat on the beach during monsoon season. So make sure to book your exotic holiday when the weather is dry and warm. Here is a quick guide to help you book your exotic escape at the best time of the year:
Spring (March, April & May)
The Galapagos Islands and Bali are perfect for a spring visit; the weather is cooler and the waters are warm.
Summer (June, July & August)
Visit Indonesia & Madagascar in summer to avoid the rainy season! It is also the ideal time to visit Crete.
Winter (December, January & February)
The Philippines, Cuba and Sri Lanka, to enjoy warmer weather and avoid the rainy season.
Honeymoon in Paradise?
Looking for the perfect romantic getaway? Sri Lanka offers secluded beaches and perfect scuba diving conditions. While Madagascar has an abundance of wildlife to explore. Whichever island captivates you, our local agents are here to design the perfect honeymoon with your ideas in mind.
Call us on +(954) 376-6020 to find out more about Exotic Island holidays.