Off the beaten track holidays
What makes an Evaneos ‘off the beaten track’ holiday special?
There is nothing worse than reaching the summit of a mountain and admiring the breathtaking views, only to notice hundreds of tourists doing exactly the same thing. You may wonder if there is ever a way of escaping into the wilderness far away from the well-trodden path...
With more travellers than ever, it is increasingly difficult to escape the tourist spots. Fortunately, at Evaneos we don’t do standardised tours. Our platform gives you the freedom to create tailor-made trips with local agents based in the destination. Our agents are experts on their country, especially the lesser known areas, offering local, authentic experiences that are matched by the lack of tourists. They have created a range of unique tours to the untouched corners of the world, and are ready to help you design a tailor-made adventure!
Where to go?
Our travel agents present their top five locally-made tours to escape the crowds:
- Live like a local in Bhutan: Our Bhutanese tours offer a unique insight into the local's everyday life. By day, drive through the stunning Bhutanese Himalayas and trek along the deserted Black Mountain Ranges. Along the way, you will be welcomed into Bhutanese homes to discover the local’s highly guarded culture. The trip includes a memorable visit to one of the oldest Temples in Bhutan to meet the monks.
- Self drive tour in Iceland: A self drive tour gives you the freedom to explore the rugged landscape at your own pace. In our adventurous Icelandic tour, drive along coastal roads, highland tracks and deserted volcanic landscape. Stop off for a memorable hiking tour through the craters with a quick dip in the mirror lake of Landmannalaugar.
- Escape to the remote island of Madagascar: Escape the crowds by visiting the secluded island of Madagascar. With an abundance of wildlife, spot the infamous lemurs, frogs, cats and chameleons lurking in the unspoilt rainforest. The dramatic canyons boast incredible routes for trekkers and superb canoeing conditions. After a day of exploring, relax in the natural pools, beaches and hammocks while watching the sunset.
- Eat like a local in Uzbekistan: What is local travel without a taste of authentic local cuisine? Our Uzbek agent has created a unique tour combining routes through stunning scenery with local experiences. After an exhilarating trek up the Black Mountains, enjoy traditional Uzbekistan cuisine at a guesthouse, where you will have the chance to dine with locals.
- A private guided tour in Costa Rica: Filled with a spectacular range of plants and colorful birds, Costa Rica offers responsible eco-travel. Take a guided tour into the heart of the tropical rainforest and enjoy a secluded boat trip along the beautiful canals that are known as ‘The little Amazon’. For the more adventurous travellers, join an exhilarating night tour to spot the most elusive birds on the planet!